Ask Reddit are going to motivate you to become your best self.
1. If you never heal from what hurt you, you’ll bleed on people who didn’t cut you.
2. Don’t take criticism from someone you wouldn’t take advice from.
3. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should and just because it’s comfortable, doesn’t meant it’s good.
4. Never play chess with a pigeon. It knocks all the pieces over, shits all over the board, and walks around like it’s won.
5. Every expert was a beginner once.
6. You’re not competing against others, you’re only competing against your past self.
7. The best time to plant a tree is thirty years ago. The second-best time is right now.
8. Don’t practice until you get it right, practice until you can’t get it wrong.
9. Make time for planning. Wars are won in the general’s tent.
10. Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
11. People who worry about what other people think of them are often surprised to learn others don’t think of them at all.
12. Be careful what you tolerate, you are teaching people how to treat you.
13. Adversity does not build character; it reveals it.
14. If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room.
15. You’re always being watched by your future self through their memories.
16. You are now becoming what you are going to be.
17. There’s three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
18. The people around you tell you a lot about yourself.
19. To worry is to pay a debt of misery that may never come due.
20. People like people who like people.
21. The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.
22. Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies.
23. Learning from mistakes is one of the best ways to learn, no reason they have to be your own.
24. The more time you spend watering others’ lawns, the greener their grass looks compared to yours.
25. Pay attention to how people talk about others while they’re not there, it’s how they’ll talk about you while you’re not there.
26. Mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t fucking matter!
27. If you’re good at something, never do it for free.
28. Always leave wishing you could stay a little longer.
29. We judge ourselves by our intentions, but we judge others by their behavior.
30. Measure twice, cut once.
31. You can tell the size of a man by the size of the thing that makes him mad.
32. It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they’ve been fooled.
33. Don’t look back in regret, but move on with hope.
34. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
35. What stands in the way becomes the way.
36. Love with your heart and use your head for everything else.
37. Relationships are like farts. If you have to force it, it’s probably shit.
38. Looking for your happiness or satisfaction inside other people or events will only lead to frustration. Build your own happiness within your life and the people and situations will be much more pleasant in the long run.
39. Only look in another person’s bowl to see if they have enough to eat.
40. People don’t quit companies. They quit management.
41. Sometimes it’s better to let someone figure out they’re an asshole than to tell them they’re an asshole.
42. Lack of attention doesn’t means lack of knowledge.
43. Wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
44. Getting old beats the alternative.
45. If it smells everywhere you go, maybe it’s you.
46. If you raise your kids you can spoil your grandchildren, but if you spoil your kids you will have to raise your grandchildren.
47. Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza.
48. Never do illegal shit while doing illegal shit.
49. In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
50. If you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty but the pig loves it.